Sticking to a particular type of diet is the toughest thing related to losing weight. This is because; a person may stay strong for only a few days and later on, give up when they fail to control hunger or start develop craving towards fast foods. Also, one has to have right foods and dedicate at least half an hour for exercise to achieve the weight loss goal.
However, a few people face difficulty in losing weight even though change their existing diet plan or start a new exercise regimen. If you are the one struggling to lose weight for a long time, we suggest you to have healthy eating based on intermittent fasting. Accordingly, you have to restrict your eating time to maximum 8hours to get the desired results.
Objectives of Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting does not change your daily calorie intake. Instead, it works to-
- Limits your inflammation
- Reduces hypertension or blood pressure
- Improves the circulating blood glucose and lipid levels
- Improves your metabolic efficiency and the overall composition of your body, along with drastic weight loss in overweight persons
- Avoids the occurrence of type 2 diabetes or at least slows the progression of diabetes
- Reduces LDL and the overall cholesterol levels
- Improves your pancreatic functions
- Improves your insulin sensitivity and insulin levels
- Protects against cardiovascular problems
- Moderates your dangerous visceral fat levels
How Restricting the Eating Time Helps You in Weight Loss
Intermittent fasting or restricting your eating time leads to three major mechanisms to help you in weight loss and in turn a healthy lifestyle.
When you choose for intermittent fasting, it increases your sensitivity towards insulin and your mitochondrial energy efficiency. Thus, you retard disease and aging problems, both of which have relations with the decline of mitochondrial energy and insulin sensitivity.
- Reduction of Oxidative Stress
Restricting your time of having food combined with a healthy diet reduces or prevents the accumulation of various oxidative radicals in your cells. Thus, the procedure of intermittent fasting avoids any oxidative damage to lipids, cellular proteins and nucleic acids related to aging problems and other similar types of diseases.
- Increase in Your Capacity to Resist Aging and Stress
Fasting leads to the induction of cellular stress response, which is almost similar to the one induced from physical exercise. Accordingly, your body cells up-regulate the genes expression, which increase your capacity to deal with stress and anxiety, while resist your aging problems.
- Diet Rules to Follow with Intermittent Fasting
If you want to make the most from your intermittent fasting, it is essential for you to inculcate healthy habits or to include healthy foods to eat daily. Your diet rule should be-
- Limit your calorie intake within 300calories to 400calories
- Make sure to have minimum 10grams of healthy fat, protein and fiber
- Have whole grains instead of processed foods, as they contain high amount of sugar
- Your calorie intake should be between 400 and 500 calories.
- Your meal should contain about 50percent of veggies.
- You should strictly avoid any refined sugar or processed food.
- You should intake minimum 5grams fiber.
- Your calorie intake for the dinner should be within 500 calories
- You should fill half of your plate with non-starchy veggies, while remaining with lean protein and whole grains and/or legumes.
- You should strictly avoid refined sugars and processed foods
Thus, with right diet plan and combination of foods, you will not only get a perfect figure but also improve your health in the near future.